Contributor: Hari Ghotra
- 400ml tin of full fat coconut milk
- 80g sugar or agar syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 vanilla pod, split and scrape our all the seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25g fresh coconut, shredded
- Handful crushed coconut
- Handful crushed pistachio
- Handful freeze dried raspberries
- Handful chocolate chips
- Mix the coconut milk and sweetener together in a bowl so it’s fully incorporated. Add the sea salt, vanilla and shredded coconut and mix again. Taste the mixture and add a little more sugar if you want it sweeter.
- Fill a large steel bowl to halfway with ice cubes and stir in 2tbsp salt.
- Put a smaller bowl inside the first to sit in the ice and put another 2 tbsp of salt on the ice around (not in) the smaller bowl.
- Put ice cream mix in the smaller bowl and beat with an electric whisk for 10 mins. It will thicken.
- Cover bowls with a tea towel and sit in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove the ice cream bowl. Scrape frozen bits and beat again, pour into a tub and freeze for a few hours.
- Using a warm scoop, scoop out the ice cream and serve in cones or in glasses and top with your favourite topping.
Bio: Hari Ghotra is a professional cookery teacher, author, wife and mum (and daughter to her marvellous mother). Together with her foodie fans, Hari will inspire you to discover, make, love and share amazing homemade Indian food. Through her hands-on cooking classes, live ‘cook together’ sessions, exclusive videos and tutorials, Hari will cook with you and guide you every step of the way. After just one video you’ll feel inspired, fired up and ready to create more fabulous dishes than you ever thought you could and have loads of fun doing it. Ready to start? Then let’s get stuck in! –> Instagram, Twitter, Facebook