‘Sanatio Naturalis’ (the healing power of nature) – the Latin name of the brand was inspired by the holistic beauty secrets of plants that have been passed down from generation to generation.
From plant to skin, nature is at the heart of all products created by Sanatio Naturalis, who believe that beauty should be natural, not synthetic.
Sanatio Naturalis places tremendous importance on the origins of their raw materials and only use the highest quality ingredients in their products. Their team travels the world in search of plants and oils, and also collaborates with their preferred producers located around the world.
In aromatherapy, essential plant oils are used to support the body’s natural ability to heal and preserve itself by nourishing and revitalising the skin, body and spirit. Sanatio Naturalis believe in the healing properties of nature and it’s this belief that places significance on the therapeutic efficiency and depth of fragrance found in all their products.
Sanatio Naturalis have a variety of Beauty Oils, Floral Waters and Pure Essential Oils in their product range and their informative website will not leave you guessing on the benefits of these oils, how you can use them, and also which oils would work best together, even if you are a newbie to the world of essential oils.
We’ve had the pleasure of testing out their Lavender and Geranium Essential Oils, and it’s safe to say they weren’t disappointing at all. The quality of these oils is amazing, pure and potent.
Here are some of the key benefits of Lavender Essential Oil and Geranium Essential Oil, along with their many uses followed by our review of each of these essential oils.
Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
- Known for its therapeutic properties, lavender is widely used as an analgesic, anti-bacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant, antispasmodic, antimicrobial, detoxifying, balancing, relaxing, soothing and calming sedative.
- The calming and soothing properties of lavender essential oil helps you to relax; relieve stress and anxiety, and also aids in a better night’s sleep.
- Lavender essential oil is also great for treating skin irritations, balancing sebum production and improving your complexion.
Uses of Lavender Essential Oil
- To Aid Sleep – put a few drops of lavender essential oil on your pillow or add 5-6 drops to your bath before bedtime
- Aromatherapy – add 3-5 drops of lavender essential oil to your diffuser
- Natural Perfume – apply 2-3 drops directly to your skin
Lavender Essential Oil Review
I put the lavender essential oil to the test by adding a few drops to an oil burner a couple of hours before bedtime. It took about 15 minutes before the room was filled with the soft, sweet aroma of lavender. For someone who struggles to fall asleep easily and struggles to have unbroken sleep, I have to say that I’m impressed! I could start to feel calm and relaxed much before my bedtime and just inhaling the lavender-filled air was enough to help me unwind. I’ve yet to try adding a few drops to my pillow to see if it is more effective than just adding a few drops to the oil burner, but from my experience so far, I’m sure it will be a positive one.
Benefits of Geranium Essential Oil
- Geranium has a number of therapeutic properties ranging from anti-inflammatory, to antiseptic, anti-fungal, antidepressant, astringent, tonic, diuretic and balancing.
- Geranium essential oil helps to promote healthy, glowing skin, as it encourages cell renewal and regulates sebum production in oily and dry skin types.
- Geranium essential oil soothes inflammation especially in dry skin types by nourishing your skin and keeping it supple.
- Geranium essential oil helps relieves symptoms of PMS and maintains a hormonal balance.
Uses of Geranium Essential Oil
- Skincare – For an added dose of moisture and nourishment, add a drop of geranium essential oil to your moisturiser.
- Eczema – treat dry eczema by applying a blend of chamomile and geranium essential oil to the affected area.
- PMS – relieve symptoms of PMS and menopause (fatigue, anxiety, hot flushes, mood swings) by adding 6-8 drops of geranium essential oil to warm a warm bath.
- Wellbeing – add 3-5 drops of geranium essential oil to your diffuser to help you relax, relieve stress and anxiety, restore emotional balance and promote a feeling of wellness.
- Natural Perfume – the rosy floral notes in Geranium make it an ideal ingredient in perfume blends.
Geranium Essential Oil Review
Sunday evening’s are home pamper evenings for me and there are times when I’m rushed and keep the pamper session to a minimum of just exfoliation and mask and the other times is when I go all out with a facial steam, pore cleanse, exfoliation and mask with a facial massage included. I usually steam my face with just water and nothing else. I have tried tea tree oil some years ago when I used to suffer from major breakouts and found it helpful. So I decided to test out the geranium essential oil by having a facial steam with it. It was heavenly. Inhaling the rose scented steam was not just an uplifting experience, but at the end of it, my skin felt soft and hydrated. I would definitely recommend you try adding a few drops of geranium essential oil when going all out and indulging in an at-home pamper session.