Contributor: Lisa Cooley
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 140 grams self raising flour
- 250ml vegan ale
- 280g naked tofu
- 30 grams plain flour
- 800 g potatoes
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
- Mixed salad leaves for garnish
- Put self-raising flour and salt pepper in bowl, add ale slowly and whisk until mixed. This should have a double cream consistency.
- Wash potatoes and pat dry. Slice into chips and rinse again. Leave skin on for extra fibre. Pat dry.
- Slice tofu into 4 pieces and pat dry. Cover in seasoned flour and dip into ale batter. Put into oil; make sure it doesn’t stick to pan.
- Turn when golden brown and cook other side for approximately 4 mins in total. Drain and set aside.
- Add chips to pan and cook for 3- 4 mins.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and mixed salad leaves.
Bio: Lisa has been a vegetarian for nearly 30 years and enjoys cooking veggie & vegan food in her spare time, and hosting dinner parties for her family and friends. Alongside cooking, she is passionate about flowers and runs a floristry business in Leicester. In the future she hopes to own a vegetarian Bed & Breakfast, with her husband, by the sea.