At Bee Green we understand that the stress of day-to-day life can affect the best of us. Many of our lifestyles can include juggling our jobs, the daily chores and the forever lengthening to-do list. Stress can have a detrimental effect on your wellbeing, and can lead to mental health problems such as anxiety and depression. It’s crucial that we take control of the signs of stress and act accordingly to try and prevent these problems occurring. We have for you some handy tips to combat stress naturally. To truly understand how to relieve stress; we first need to understand exactly what stress is.
What is Stress?
Stress is the body’s natural reaction to pressure. Stress also takes a toll on your skin, by increasing levels of cortisol in your body, which in turn leads to your sebaceous glands producing more oil. This causes a reaction, which leads to breakouts and other skin conditions.
How to Combat Stress Naturally?
- Exercise – We understand that life can get in the way of regular exercise however, making some small lifestyle changes such as simply taking the stairs, can help your overall wellbeing. Exercise releases endorphins that will naturally make you feel a lot happier. 30 minutes of exercise a day is all it takes.
- Sleep – Sleep is important for our bodies to function properly. That’s why it’s imperative we get the recommended 7-9 hours sleep a night. We advise that you look for products that include lavender; this ingredient is great in naturally aiding you to relax. Have a read of our previous article for more tips on getting a better night’s sleep.
- Reducing Caffeine Intake – Caffeine is a great source of energy for those early morning starts, but be careful when it comes to the evening. It’s important to limit your caffeine intake; ideally you should be having your last cup of coffee or tea in the early afternoon.
- Staying Organised – Try the new trend of Bullet Journalling: you can keep a daily log of all your tasks, appointments and general notes to self, in a fun and creative manner. Keeping on top of tasks and regularly updating a diary is a great organisational tool, which will leave you feeling less stressed.
- Self Care – Self-care essentially means participating in activities that will make you feel happier. We recommend treating yourself to a warm bath and adding a few drops of lavender or chamomile essential oils to help you feel more relaxed – the perfect way to take away the stress of the day.
- Drinking Chamomile Tea – is another way to help relax your mind and body. Other activities could include taking a nap, reading a book, or even cooking yourself a yummy meal.
At Bee Green, we’re not only committed to helping our readers understand the importance of leading a green lifestyle, but we care about your wellbeing too. Let us know if you’re interested in more of our wellbeing articles, we’d love to hear your feedback.